Friday, July 30, 2010

Creamy Squash Sauce Recipe #2

Here it is folks! Another experiment gone good! This is a recipe that I have worked on a few times and my husband tells me it's restaurant worthy. I looked him in the eye and told him that he better not be lying and he said he wasn't. That he would really buy this dish at a restaurant. So for your sake, I hope he's not lying. I mean, I enjoyed it! So I hope you do to!


Creamy Squash Sauce

Items you will need: 
LARGE SKILLET
1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
1 TABLESPOON MINCED GARLIC
1/2 CUP ONIONS FINELY CHOPPED
3/4 CUP ITALIAN DRESSING (PREFERABLY SUN-DRIED TOMATO)
1 CUP YELLOW SQUASH (CROOKNECK) CHOPPED INTO BITE SIZE PIECES
1 CUP ZUCCHINI CHOPPED INTO BITE SIZE PIECES
1 BLOCK OF CREAM CHEESE (DON'T GET THE KROGER BRAND, IT TASTES FUNNY)
1 TABLESPOON ITALIAN SEASONING or A MIXTURE OF BASIL, MARJORAM, OREGANO AND SAGE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ITALIAN SEASONING.
1 TEASPOON SALT
1/2 TEASPOON PEPPER
1/4 TEASPOON CRUSHED RED PEPPER (OPTIONAL)
1/2 MILK (OPTIONAL IF YOU WANT YOUR SAUCE A LITTLE MORE CREAMIER)




DIRECTIONS:
1. Warm olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and onions and sautee until the onion is translucent.
2. Add squash and italian dressing and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Then add all of the seasonings and stir again. (If you want the sauce to be creamier then add the milk) Continue to cook on medium-high heat until it starts to boil.
4. Cover and lower heat to low for 10 minutes. Stirring Occasionally.
5. Serve with your choice of either pasta or grilled chicken breasts. or both!


Bon Appetite!







It

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have this blog! Can I put a request into the chef? ;) You said on facebook that you guys are eating mainly (or only, can't remember) meatless dishes. I have wanted to cook more in that direction but have a really hard time finding good recipes. Would you be able to put up quite a few of those for your favorite sister-in-law? (jk about that last part. hehe) Or email would be great too if you prefer that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here to post my own comment but have to 2nd what my sister said first. Funny how we are all moving (or trying to move) in this direction right now!

    What I did come to actually say though was I sure wish Nathan liked squash. I love the stuff. I may have to make this and leave him to his own devices one night!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cool thing about this, is the squash is masked by my yummy sauce. Have him at least try it, I think he might like it.

    ReplyDelete