Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Recipe #6 PIZZA!!!!

Ok, so I get daily emails from Allrecipes.com and I got one for this pizza crust recipe and boy was it good! So the crust version of this recipe did not come from me, but I did add a couple of notes in there of my own because there wasn't enough information from the original recipe to help me as much as I wanted. But I did however make the sauce on my own. If you like your sauce with a little bit of kick (not too much, just a little) than try my sauce out! My husband says I could open up a pizza chain with this recipe. He couldn't shut up about it, but I told him I have no interest in starting a pizza restaurant.

                                               Pizza Crust                                                   
Prep time: 75-90 minutes (to give dough time to rise) Cook time: 20 Minutes
Servings: enough dough to make one large pizza . James and I make a pizza with 8 large slices and use the rest of the dough to make 8 bread sticks.

Ingredients:

2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 C)
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour or 2 1/2 cups of white flour and the rest whole wheat flour.

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the warm water, and let it sit for 10 minutes
2. Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 3/4 cups of the flour.
3. Turn dough onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in the rest of the flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead a lot longer than you think you need too! Place the dough in a well oiled bowl and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double in a warm place. Approximately an hour. Punch down the dough. Really, punch it! and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax a minute before rolling it out. 
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. If you are baking on a pizza stone, place your toppings on the dough and bake immediately. If you are baking in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it. Some people I read, cook the dough for 10 minutes without toppings and than pull it out and top it and than bake for another 5-10 minutes, but either way is fine.
5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese and crust or golden brown. 

                                            Pizza Sauce                                                    

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

1 (15 ounce) can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (to neutralize the acid and reduce heartburn)
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika

Directions:
Throw all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until well blended and top on your pizza. YUM!

1 comment: